Dear Church Family,
I am thankful for a wonderful Holy Week with a great church family. I would invite you to celebrate Easter with us every Sunday morning at 8:30 and 11:00. This week Pastor Brian will be preaching on 1 Peter 4:1-6. He will be focusing on the reality that sometimes the Christian life is not what we expect.
Plan on attending a Sunday School class in between services. This week we will begin a new section in the Gospel Project class. Now is a great time to join us for a 6-week session examining the coming of Jesus. The Gospel Project will meet in the auditorium this week.
This week also marks the beginning of a 6-week small group session through the end of May. If you would like to join a group talk to one of the pastors or you can join my small group at 12:30, Sunday afternoon, at the St. Paul’s Ministry House. Small Group attenders can pick up user guides at the big desk.
I am looking forward to worshipping with you all this Sunday!
Grace and Peace,
- April 26th - Men’s Fraternity begins. Men, meet with us at the Ministry House for breakfast and fellowship Wednesdays, 6:00 a.m. They will be studying the book “What Jesus Demands from the World” by John Piper.
- April 30th - Dr. Robert Canfield will discuss his book “Walking Blind and Other Essays on Biblical Texts” during the Sunday School hour. Following second service, he will speak about the Middle East over a Potluck luncheon. Please, bring a dish to share and RSVP to Paul Daniel.
- April 30th - Newcomer Luncheon will follow second service for those who have been guests at St. Paul’s this year. Join us to meet church ministry leaders and to discover a little bit more about the church.
Dear Church Family,
This Friday the church will be open from 6:00 am – 6:00 pm for a special opportunity to pray. Please, consider committing at least 30 minutes to pray through the six “Stations of the Christ” available in the Sanctuary. Each station is based upon a passage from our Lenten series “Following the Christ”. The stations will lead you from Jesus’ baptism through his anointing at Bethany.
There is no official signup sheet this year. You are welcome to come whenever is convenient for you. If it would be helpful for you to sign up, please email me with the time you plan on attending.
I cannot think of a better way to prepare for this Holy Weekend than to begin it with a special time of prayer for yourself, for your loved ones, and for God’s kingdom. I hope you will seriously consider coming to the church to pray this Friday.
Hello, Church Family,
Palm Sunday is nearly here! Pastor Andrew will preach from Luke 19:28-48 about our king, Jesus. We are strangers on earth because we follow Jesus, who was a stranger on earth, and exercised kingship in a way that nobody expected.
Also, you should know about our Holy Week schedule:
Good Friday. On April 14, at 7:15 p.m., we will have a Tenebrae service. When Jesus was on the cross, a mysterious darkness covered the land. This is a traditional service that uses darkening lights to symbolize the death of Christ, the light of the world, who was slain for us.
Easter. We have a full schedule on Easter Day!
At 6:30 a.m. the youth lead the sunrise service in the auditorium. We will face the windows so we can see the light fill the sky.
Following, there will be breakfast in the multipurpose room.
At 8:30 we will have traditional worship, with all of the splendor of a great Easter celebration!
At 9:45, we have a special “Family Easter Event” with a glow in the dark egg hunt for the kiddos. Thanks to everyone who worked to fill eggs and make that possible!
At 11:00, we will have our acoustic worship service, with hands lifted high to the risen Jesus.
It is a great mystery that God chose to die for us, that we would understand his love and power. I look forward to worshiping the one who conquered death with you this next week.
- Camila del Cid (God the Father)
- Julia Drake (God the Son)
- Rebekah Crews (God the Spirit)
- Drake Ives (The Ten Commandments)
- Benjamin Crawford (The Lord's Prayer)
- 8:00 a.m., meet at church if you want to pray for this outreach
- 8:45 a.m., meet at church for instructions
- 11:00 a.m. (or earlier), finish
- 4/14, Good Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., "Stations of the Christ" Prayer Vigil in Sanctuary
- 4/14, Good Friday, 7:15 p.m., Tenebrae Service
- 4/16, Easter, 6:30 a.m., Sunrise Service in Auditorium
- Easter, 7:30 a.m., Sunrise Breakfast
- Easter, 8:30 a.m., Traditional Worship
- Easter, 10:00 a.m., Glow-in-the Dark Easter Egg Hunt
- Easter, 11:00 a.m., Acoustic Worship