Worship @ St. Paul's - January 14, 2017
Hello Church Family!
As we continue our year of encouragement, elder Bob Schalk is going to preach on Mark 2:1-12, titled, "The Do-Over."
We also have many things kicking into gear around St. Paul's...
1. The Annual Meeting - The annual meeting is January 28th. We will eat a potluck dinner at 12:30 p.m., and then the meeting will go from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Membership should make this a priority. This is where we receive ministry reports, bring on new leadership, and take care of the official business of the church.
2. Sanctity of Human Life Sunday - Sunday morning, January 21. There will be one combined adult class during the ABF hour in the multi-purpose room. At 10:00 a.m., Carolyn Kuntz, R.N., will give a presentation. She is the Medical Center Manager and Regional Trainer for ThriVe. There will be a question and answer period at the end.
3. New Member Class - A new member class spanning three Sundays will begin on January 28. If you are new and want to learn about St. Paul's, OR if you have been here a while and want to become a member, this class is for you.
4. Sausage Supper (Challenge Trip Fundraiser) - The Sausage Supper is a bit earlier this year, on February 11. This is our big fundraiser for the youth Challenge Trip to Kansas City in February. Make this a priority! Come and support our youth and eat some delicious food.
5. Youth Team & Parents Meeting - January 29, we will have a Youth Team & Parents meeting. Anyone from the congregation can attend. We will discuss the next several months of activities and plans for the youth ministry at St. Paul's.
6. Telephone Prayer Ministry - There is a new time! At 10:30 a.m. on Wednesdays, for a half an hour, call our Turbobridge number and join a group of people who pray together. This is especially useful if you are homebound, or cannot make it to our in-person 12:00 p.m. Wednesday prayer meeting. Just dial 314-627-6338 - then enter 63141 followed by the # sign.
Worship on Sunday, January 7, 2018
Dear St. Paul's Family,
On the first Sunday in the New Year, Pastor Brian begins our new sermon series, "Encouragement for Your Life," with a message from Roman 4:1-8. His sermon title intrigues me, as it will you: "I Don't Want to Get Paid." Seems like something strange for a Pastor to say on the day before the budget hearing!
Small Groups Launch This Sunday with a six week study on encouragement that will go through February 11.
- We will be looking at scriptures which are the most encouraging to your pastors.
- You will have an opportunity to discuss which Bible passages encourage you.
- Sign up for a small group, and pick up material in the Welcome Center.
- Call Brian Bish to discuss which group might be a good fit (314-917-4828).
Sunday School (10:00-10:45) Launches This Sunday.
- Lisa Stahlhut and our wonderful teachers lead Children's Sunday School (4 years to 6th grade) in the Power Plant, using the Gospel Project curriculum. Children's lessons parallel the adult lessons.
- Bob Vass leads the Book Club in Room 5, which will be studying the book, "Why the Reformation Still Matters."
- Natalie Bish leads Spiritual Sisters in Room 204. The women will be "traveling through Israel" in a video series by Ray Vander Lann.
- Pastor Mark begins the Gospel Project in the multipurpose room, with a lesson dealing with the anointing of Jesus.
The Budget Hearing will take place on Monday, January 8, at 7:00 in the evening. If you did not receive your budget in the mail, you can pick up a copy at church this Sunday. Please come to have questions answered and concerns addressed BEFORE the annual meeting at the end of the month.
Telephone Ministry Update.
- Sunday Worship. We are SO SORRY that the telephone ministry was down last Sunday. We discovered that a modem had failed, which has now been repaired. Please don't give up, and try again. Dial 314-627-6338, and enter code 63141 followed by the "#" key.
- Telephone Prayer Ministry. We launched last week, and both homebound and others are welcome to join us every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m.. Join our call the same way as you do on Sunday. Pastor Mark leads in a short devotional, followed by conversation and prayer.
Happy New Year to all!
Pastor Mark Friz
Worship the Newborn King at St. Paul's on Christmas Eve
Dear St. Paul's Family,
As we approach that magical day called Christmas Eve, let me tell you about the three opportunities to worship our Incarnate Lord, Jesus Christ, this Sunday:
- 12/24, 10:00 a.m., Combined Worship. We open with Christmas Carols sung with organ in the traditional style, we close with Christmas Carols led by the worship team. In between, Pastor Andrew brings BOTH a children's message and a sermon called, "The King of Heaven." Note: No Kid's Church this Sunday.
- 12/24, 5:00 p.m., Candlelight and Communion with Ambassadors of Harmony Ensemble. Pastor Brian leads us in a communion meditation, followed by the appearance of an angel who tells the Christmas story from heaven's perspective. Arrive early to hear pre-service music. Nursery available at 5:00 service only.
- 12/24, 7:30 p.m., Candlelight and Communion with St. Paul's Chorale. Pastor Brian leads us in a communion meditation, followed by the appearance of an angel who tells the Christmas story from heaven's perspective. Arrive early to hear pre-service music.
Just a reminder . . .
- Fellowship Reception (Coffee Hour) on Christmas Eve goes from 9:00 to 9:50 a.m.
- Friday, December 29, 7:30 p.m. Light Classical and Popular Music Concert, with Johanna Stull on piano and Sean Hamre on cello. No admission charge, no offering. Just come and enjoy the gift of music.
- Men's Fraternity begins on Wednesday, January 3 at a new time: 6:30 a.m.
- Winter Small Groups begin the week of January 7. Small group leader and participant guides are available in the Welcome Center. Pastor Brian wants you to get connected! Look at the available small groups, and contact Pastor Brian if you want to know which group would be good for you. 314.917.4828.
Gayle and I, along with the pastors and staff at St. Paul's, are looking forward to celebrating Christmas Eve with our church family!
A Merry Christmas to all!
Pastor Mark Friz
Cantata Sunday 8:30 and 11:00
Merry Christmas St. Paul's!
This Sunday we kick off our Christmas music with our annual Cantata. You will not want to miss the beauty of the music from our choir and orchestra.Come at 8:30 or 11:00 for identical services. Pastor Brian will preach on John 13 and the future Jesus came to secure at Christmas time.
Our Christmas Eve Schedule is below:
One Combined Worship Service
10:00 am - Carols celebrating the coming "King of Heaven"
Christmas Eve Candlelight Services
"An Angel brings the message of Jesus' birth"
5:00 pm - The Ambassadors of Harmony Ensemble
7:30 pm - The St. Paul's Choraleur Christmas Eve Schedule is below:
Joy and Peace to you all!
Pastor Andrew Seley
Worship @ St. Paul's - December 10, 2017
Hello Church Family!
Pastor Andrew will be preaching this Sunday on the "Bread of Life." Why did Jesus come from heaven? "For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me." The passage is John 6:22-40.
Things to look forward to:
- The dedication of the "Chrismons" - symbols on the tree that tell of Jesus' life.
- Reception of new members in the first service, the Thomas family (Brian, Elizabeth, and Virginia)
- The bell choir will be presenting.
- There will be a special children's message your children will not want to miss.
- The Eulentrop family will be leading worship and providing special music for the service.
The rest of Advent...
- The Christmas Cantata features in both services, 8:30 and 11:00 on December 17th.
- One combined service on Christmas Eve morn, at 10:00 a.m.
- Christmas Eve services at 5:00 and 7:30.
- 5:00 featuring an ensemble by the Ambassadors of Harmony.
- 7:30 featuring St. Paul's choir.
God bless and Merry Christmas!
"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." - Charles Dickens