Acoustic Worship Director
We are currently looking for a Acoustic Worship Leader for our 11 a.m. Sunday Services. Please check the job description below for more information. If you have any questions or are interested in the position, please contact Pastor Andrew at (314) 993-0015 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Acoustic Worship Director, in cooperation with the Pastors and staff, coordinates the various teams and resources required to lead worship at St. Paul’s 11:00 acoustic worship service. This is a part-time position.
- The applicant must have a heart for worship and a desire to lead the congregation into worship.
- The application must be able to organize, develop, and lead a meaningful acoustic worship service.
- The applicant should have excellent communication and organizational skills, and a strong knowledge of worship styles and trends.
- The applicant must be a skilled musician able to coordinate worship elements with each message.
- The applicant will read musical notation.
- The applicant must be able to synthesize music and visuals.
- An undergraduate degree in music or worship is desired, along with previous church experience.
- Direct Sunday morning acoustic worship service.
- Maintain and confirm a regular schedule for worship teams.
- Lead weekly rehearsals for Sunday morning services.
- Provide mature Christian leadership for the worship team, encouraging growth and development of both musical skills and personal faith.
- Develop and implement a personal plan for continued professional growth/training.
- Collaborate with other worship staff as needed.
- Meet weekly with pastors to evaluate and plan services.
- Participate fully as a member of the ministry staff.
- Be an active participant in the life of the church (such as special events and small group ministry)
- Recruit and develop worship team members.
- Initiate and implement new ideas, coordinating with pastoral staff.
- Other responsibilities in line with the applicant’s strengths.
- Professes personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and to the local church as an expression of the body of Christ.
- Maintains a mature Christian faith and is committed to spiritual growth and obedience to scripture.
- Is compatible with the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Church of America
- Considers prayer/devotional life to be vital to their spiritual journey.
- Values, honors, and respects all people.
- Considers this position a calling.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and supporting audio/visual samples to: email@example.com or St. Paul’s Evangelical Church c/o Acoustic Worship Director Resume, 9801 Olive Blvd., Saint Louis, MO 63141.